Hiking the Appalachian Trail - Info. Series
|When||March 20 2018, 6:00pm - 7:30pm|
|Location||Caldwell Public Library 1222 Hospital Ave. Lenoir, NC|
Have you ever contemplated hiking the Appalachian Trail, or even attempting part of it?
Former Wilson Creek hiking guide, Carol McDade, who has also hiked the Appalachian Trail from Georgia to Pennsylvania, in New Hampshire and in Maine, offers a six-week session that will include discussion of the following, and more:
- Why do you want to hike the Trail?
- How to pick partners, equipment, and shelters.
- The rules and realities of the Trail.
- Extreme weather hiking.
- What permits you will need.
- The animals and risks you may encounter.