U.S. Route 321 takes you through some of the most beautiful areas in the North Carolina foothills, and there’s something magical about journeying through this part of the country during the holiday season. If you’re on your way to ski, pick up a Christmas tree, or pay friends and family a holiday visit, don’t miss out on some of these hidden gems in Lenoir:
- Warm up with a hot drink—The Blue Moose Coffee Lodge makes coffee fun, not complicated. Stop in for a hot coffee and warm up before you head out to find the perfect Christmas tree.
- Take the stress out—The Wolf Moon Salt Cave & Stress Reduction Center is a great place to get rid of some of that holiday stress. Visit their Himalayan salt cave to relax, de-stress, and find relief from certain health symptoms.
- Get a bite to eat—Hungry? There are tons of great restaurants to try when you take U.S. Route 321. We recommend Mi Caretta for authentic Mexican food, Fresh Depot if you’re looking for freshly made burgers and sandwiches, or Frankie’s Pizza if you’re craving pizza.
- Have fun with your family—Experience Crazy Christmas at Mystery Hill. You can also see some of Mystery Hill’s year-round exhibits and activities, like the famous gravitational anomaly, Hall of Mystery, Bubblerama, and more. Another great place to try is Bo’s Entertainment, where you can bowl, play laser tag, play mini golf, play arcade games, and more.
- Gather at a local brewery—Warm up and reflect on the fun day you had by stopping in for a warming beverage at Liquid Roots Brewing Project. Other breweries we suggest trying out during your trip include Granite Falls Brewing or Happy Valley Filling Station.
- Find the perfect Christmas tree—There are tons of great Christmas tree farms throughout the area that let you choose and cut your own tree. Stop at one of these farms and find your perfect tree before you head home!